During the Nintendo Direct (a video conference showing trailers of upcoming games in the coming months) on June 21, 2023, a huge number of games were revealed.
Unfortunately the news is far too dense to be fully covered.
Here is Nintendo of Canada’s press release without modification, notice or opinion. The links lead to the official pages of the games on Nintendo’s website. The videos were added to the release:
“REDMOND, Wash. June 21, 2023 – Mario’s catalog of games for the Nintendo Switch console is expanding… again and again! During the latest Nintendo Direct video presentation, Nintendo revealed a wide variety of new games that will arrive throughout the year and beyond, including new games and content featuring Mario and Friends, as well as games from Nintendo’s developer and publisher partners.
Announced games include: Super Mario Bros. Wonder, the new evolution of fun with Mario (and the first new installment in the series) Super Mario Bros. side-scrolling for over 10 years!) to be released on October 20, 2023; Super Mario RPG, the first RPG in the series Super Mario, which will return with new graphics on November 17, 2023; A visually enhanced version of the game Luigi’s Mansion: Darth Moon, originally released on the Nintendo 3DS system, scheduled for release in 2024; and a new game featuring Princess Peach, which will also be released on Nintendo Switch in 2024! Also included in the presentation was Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope : The Last Spark Hunter , the second paid downloadable content for the tactical adventure game, which will be released later today! In addition, the new Squeaky Clean Sprint circuit and three additional characters (Petey Piranha, Wiggler and Kamek) from the Mushroom Kingdom were announced in the fifth wave of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Additional Circuit Pass DLC for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
Nintendo also unveiled Detective Pikachu Returns, a cinematic adventure game with deals to solve… and lots of coffee, which will be released on October 6, 2023; WarioWare: Move It!, a new installment in the WarioWare series that asks you to move your body to make fast-paced minigames and will be released on November 3, 2023; and new information about the next game Pikmin 4 were shared, with night expeditions and shiny Pikmin for the first time, which will be released on July 21. For even more fun with Pikmin, a demo of Pikmin 4 was also announced, available in Nintendo eShop on June 28, as well as HD versions of the original games Pikmin 1 and Pikmin 2 for Nintendo Switch, which will be available in Nintendo eShop, separately or as a discounted digital bundle, later today!
In addition, the presentation featured many games from Nintendo’s developer and publisher partners around the world, including: Batman: Arkham Trilogy, a collection of action-adventure games featuring the ultimate protector of Gotham City; Palia, a comfortable multiplayer adventure simulation in which you create the idyllic life of your dreams; DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS: The Dark Prince, an epic journey told from the perspective of an iconic adversary; and Persona 5 Tactica, a thrilling new adventure in the story of the Phantom Thieves.
“There’s never been a better time to be a Mario fan, and we love being able to provide new and avid players and alike with experiences that allow them to marvel,” said Susan Pennefather, General Manager of Nintendo Canada. “The Nintendo Switch console is the best place to play exciting games from our developer and publisher partners, as well as continue to experience the adventures of Nintendo characters that gamers around the world have come to love.”
To view the full Nintendo Direct presentation video, visit https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/06-21-2023/ . Here is more information about the games presented:
· Super Mario Bros. Wonder : The new evolution of Super Mario Bros. games 2D side-scrolling is coming to Nintendo Switch! When you touch a prodigy flower in the game, the wonders of the world are unlocked (pipes can come to life, hordes of enemies can appear, characters can change appearance, for example) transforming the game in unpredictable ways. New surprises and wonders await you in each level. Super Mario Bros. Wonder offers Princess Peach, Princess Daisy and Yoshi as playable characters, in addition to the usual characters like Mario, Luigi and Toad. In addition Super Mario Bros. Wonder sees the beginnings of a new power of Mario, which allows him to transform into Elephant Mario! What other wonders could this game hold? More information will be communicated later, so please be patient! Super Mario Bros. Wonder will be released on Nintendo Switch on October 20. Pre-orders are available today in Nintendo eShop and My Nintendo Shop on Nintendo.com.
· Super Mario RPG: Originally released for the Super NES, Super Mario RPG has been revamped with new graphics! Join Mario, Bowser, Princess Peach, and original characters Mallow and Geno in a role-playing game full of twists and treasures. Mario must team up with his allies to confront a menacing force known as the Forgeroi Band to retrieve seven Star Fragments and repair the Star Road. Whether you’ve played the original game or haven’t experienced this epic, you can immerse yourself in this Nintendo Switch version of the very first RPG in the Super Mario series! Super Mario RPG will be released on Nintendo Switch on November 17.
· A visually enhanced version of Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon, originally released for Nintendo 3DS, is in development for Nintendo Switch. Will Luigi have the courage to save the Valley of Shadows? Explore haunted mansions filled with scary specters and chilling challenges next year. More information will be shared in the future.
· Princess Peach will star in her own game, which will be offered in 2024. Stay tuned for more information about this game in the future.
· Pikmin 4 : Welcome to the rescue team. In this game, you are the newest recruit and customize your character before you go to meet the rescue dog Otchin and plant creatures called Pikmin. Don’t know the series yet? Don’t worry, this is a great starting point for anyone who wants to learn more about the Pikmin. Collect treasure on the planet to repair the rescue team’s spaceship radar and open up new areas to explore, including underground caves, where a completely different environment from the surface awaits you. Pikmin 4 also features Dandori Duels in which you will try to pick up more items than your opponent in the allotted time to win and save the castaway. In addition, for the first time in the Pikmin series, you can go on night expeditions. But as night falls, the creatures are frant, so stay alert. Luckily, you’ll encounter the shiny new Pikmin to keep them away. Many other things await you on this unexplored planet. Check them out when Pikmin 4 lands on Nintendo Switch on July 21. In addition, a demo of Pikmin 4 will be available in Nintendo eShop and My Nintendo Shop on Nintendo.com June 28.
· Pikmin 1 and Pikmin 2: The HD versions of the first two Pikmin games, originally released on the Nintendo GameCube system, will be released in Nintendo eShop and My Nintendo Shop on Nintendo.com later today. Games will be offered separately or as part of a digital package that includes both games at a discounted price. A physical version including both games will also be available on September 22. With the inclusion of these two games on Nintendo Switch, the four main games in the Pikmin series: Pikmin 1, Pikmin 2, Pikmin 3 and, starting July 21, Pikmin 4, will be playable on a single console.
· Batman: Arkham Trilogy: Become the ultimate protector of Gotham City in the critically acclaimed Rocksteady trilogy, which arrives on Nintendo Switch in a complete package, including all downloadable content. The frantic clashes of Batman: Arkham Asylum turn into a devastating conspiracy against inmates in Batman: Arkham City, culminating in an ultimate confrontation for the future of Gotham in Batman: Arkham Knight. Comb the streets and soar between the buildings of Gotham City in the ultimate and complete Batman experience that will arrive exclusively on Nintendo Switch in the fall.
· Hidden Treasure of Zone Zero DLC for Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Purple: More Pokémon, locations, and stories await you in this two-part downloadable content* for Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Purple . In this story, you’ll leave the Paldea region and dive even deeper into the world of Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Purple games. The release of the first part, Le Masque Turquoise, is scheduled for autumn 2023 and the release of the second part, Le Disque Indigo, in winter 2023. The Buried Treasure of the Zero Zone DLC is available for pre-order now in Nintendo eShop and My Nintendo Shop on Nintendo.com.
· Detective Pikachu Returns: Discover the origins of the great detective Pikachu ! Team up with this outspoken coffee-loving Pikachu who is convinced he’s a great detective to solve many mysteries across Ryme City. With the help of many other Pokémon, Tim Goodman and his tongue-tipped partner Pikachu work together to solve a series of mysterious incidents in this cinematic adventure game. Follow the trail of Detective Pikachu Returns when it launches on Nintendo Switch on October 6. Pre-orders begin today in Nintendo eShop and My Nintendo Shop on Nintendo.com.
· Palia : This charming free-to-access simulation and adventure game offers a breathtaking world where you can build the life and home of your dreams. Unravel the mysteries of this ever-evolving adventure and meet new friends along the way, from in-game villagers to players from around the world. Create a customizable character and collect materials from Palia’s landscapes and biomes to build your ideal home. Palia is a relaxing massively multiplayer online game, and friends can visit each other’s homes and explore the world together in a welcoming, cheerful and friendly community. Palia will be released on Nintendo Switch this holiday season.
· WarioWare: Move It! : It’s time to move, but Wario way! Get ready for a new avalanche of minigames in WarioWare’s latest game. Hold a pair of Joy-Con controllers, then move your body up against a swarm of lightning-fast minigames. React quickly by making the right move to race to victory. Sync your actions to overcome each minigame. In addition, up to four players** can have fun in the various minigames of the local Party mode. Get your body moving in more than 200 minigames in WarioWare: Move It!, which launches on the Nintendo Switch console on November 3. Pre-orders are available today in Nintendo eShop and My Nintendo Shop on Nintendo.com.
· Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope: The Last Spark Hunter: This is the brand new paid downloadable content for Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope. In The Last Spark Hunter, Mario and his friends travel to a musical planet, filled with new areas to explore and new enemies to fight. Discover the wonders and dangers that await you in this world of melodies. The Last Spark Hunter launches later today! A demo of the main game is also available now in Nintendo eShop and My Nintendo Shop on Nintendo.com.
· Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Wave 5 Race Pass Booster : Squeaky Clean Sprint, a new track, enters Wave 5 of downloadable content Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Additional Circuit Pass.* Other characters are also added: Petey Piranha, who appeared on the track in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, Wiggler, de Mario Kart 7, and Kamek, from Mario Kart Tour. Wave 5 will skid on the Nintendo Switch console this summer. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Additional Circuit Pass includes six separate waves, including eight tracks each, all of which will be released by the end of 2023. Purchase Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Additional Circuit Pass separately from Nintendo eShop and My Nintendo Shop on Nintendo.com, or enjoy it at no extra cost with a paid Nintendo Switch Online + Additional Set membership.***
· METAL GEAR SOLID: MASTER COLLECTION Vol.1: The series behind the stealth action arrives on Nintendo Switch. Experience the thrilling cinematic story of the METAL GEAR series as you infiltrate enemy strongholds and complete your mission to stop owners of weapons of mass destruction from starting a terrible war. This collection includes Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, as well as the games that launched the series (Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, and the NES versions of Metal Gear and Snake’s Revenge) and many bonus features. METAL GEAR SOLID: MASTER COLLECTION Vol.1 launches on Nintendo Switch on October 24. Pre-orders are available today in Nintendo eShop and My Nintendo Shop on Nintendo.com. Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater will also be available for purchase separately in Nintendo eShop.
· The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom: New Zelda and Ganondorf amiibo are planned for the holiday season. A large number of players are currently exploring Hyrule in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, and this journey can be enhanced by using some amiibo figures to unlock valuable in-game items, as well as a special fabric for the parasail to help Link on his adventure.
· Sonic Superstars: Race with Sonic and his friends into the mystical Northstar Islands in this new high-speed 2D side-scrolling platformer. Travel through 12 new areas as one of four playable characters and witness the return of an old enemy. Master seven new Emerald Powers to move and attack dynamically, climbing stunts, multiplying and more. And for the first time in the series, you can play the whole story with your friends in local co-op mode for up to four players. Combine your powers against Dr. Eggman and Fang when Sonic Superstars launches on Nintendo Switch in the fall.
· Splatoon 3 : The next festival for the Splatoon 3 game has been confirmed. What is the best ice cream flavor? Vanilla? Strawberry? Or choco mint? This festival will take place from July 14 at 5 p.m. to July 16 at 5 p.m. Guide your favorite flavor to victory. In addition, participate in themed battles by completing Test Matches. Other splat-tastic events are also planned. Stay tuned for more information in the future.
· Just Dance 2024 Edition : The famous music video game series is back with its latest update – Just Dance 2024 Edition, which offers 40 songs, from new hits to beloved classics. Connect with up to five friends or family for an endless dance party in local or online multiplayer. Each season brings new content, such as songs, a dedicated progress track, and rewards. Earn avatars, backgrounds, badges, and nicknames to customize your dancer card and display your in-game personality. Additionally, the Nintendo Switch version of the game will include one month of free access to the JustDance+ streaming service, giving you access to hundreds of songs and exclusive seasonal benefits. Just Dance 2024 Edition will be released on October 24.
· DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS: The Dark Prince: Follow Psaro, a cursed prince, and his partner Rose on their journey through the demonic realm of Nadiria. Explore and search for monsters, freely combine high monsters to create more powerful allies, and take on enemies with your powerful dream team as the seasons go by. DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS: The Dark Prince launches on Nintendo Switch on December 1.
· MythForce : Ride through crypts and castles with your friends in this first-person brawl roguelike inspired by Saturday morning cartoons. Face the dungeon alone or join forces with up to three friends in online co-op mode to compete against the ever-changing Cursed Lands. It’s up to you to stop the evil Deadalus from taking power, but it won’t be easy. Use medieval weapons and mythical spells to defeat hordes of enemies. MythForce will be released on Nintendo Switch this year.
· Penny’s Big Breakaway : In this 3D platforming adventure from the Sonic Mania team, you’ll explore the bright and colorful world of Macaroon as Penny and her new animated friend, Yo-Yo. Perform stylish acrobatic tricks to escape the clutches of grumpy Emperor Eddie and his horde of unscrupulous penguins in story mode. Upgrade Yo-Yo to protect Penny and put your running skills to the test in the time trial mode to unlock special items and access secret levels. Penny’s Big Breakaway will be released on Nintendo Switch early next year.
· Fae Farm : Your magical home awaits you in this welcoming multiplayer farm simulation role-playing game. Create, grow and decorate to grow your shared farm and explore the magical island of Azoria. Create your character and customize your adventure with new outfits and decorations for your farm. The more welcoming your home is, the more rewards you will get! Cultivate an enchanted farm with up to three other players in local or online multiplayer. You can even share your progress by crafting items, taking care of crops, and exploring your surroundings together. Fae Farm will be released as a console exclusive on Nintendo Switch on September 8. Pre-order the game from Nintendo eShop and My Nintendo Shop on Nintendo.com to receive the Cozy Cabin Variety Pack!
· STAR OCEAN THE SECOND STORY R : For the first time, Nintendo players can experience the visually explosive action battles of the second installment in the STAR OCEAN series. After a failed mission, Claude, a Federation officer, finds himself stranded on an undeveloped planet. There he meets Rena, who possesses mystical powers. Play as Claude or Rena and make decisions that will influence your destiny. STAR OCEAN THE SECOND STORY R is a complete remake of the 1998 sci-fi RPG, rebuilt with striking graphics that combine 3D environments and 2D pixel characters. In addition, new combat features allow you to fight with strategic precision. STAR OCEAN THE SECOND STORY R launches on Nintendo Switch on November 2.
· Persona 5 Tactica : The Phantom Thieves are back in this tactical spin-off episode of Persona 5. Assemble a team of beloved heroes in a new story in this thrilling adventure set in the iconic Persona universe. After a strange incident, the Phantom Thieves find themselves in great danger until a mysterious revolutionary saves them and offers them a deal in exchange for their help. Create your squad of three heroes from eight playable characters, equipping a variety of weapons to annihilate oppressive armies in turn-based combat. An emotional uprising begins when Persona 5 Tactica launches on Nintendo Switch on November 17.
· Vampire Survivors: The demons are there and there is nowhere to flee or hide. Survive a 30-minute onslaught of monsters that get stronger and stronger as you resist. Collect treasures from defeated enemies to gain upgrades and try to escape death. Thanks to local co-op mode, up to four players** can run, die and develop their power together. Will you be up to the task? Find out when Vampire Survivors launches on Nintendo Switch on August 17.
· Silent Hope : Seven taciturn warriors must cooperate to find the reclusive king. In this action RPG, you’ll explore the Abyss and its ever-evolving dungeons with seven silent heroes, each with their own abilities and fighting styles. After each dungeon exploration, you’ll return with your treasures and craft better gear to dive deeper and become stronger, leveling up your heroes to take on the tough bosses lurking in the depths. Silent Hope will be released on Nintendo Switch on October 3.
· Headbangers Rhythm Royale : Play online in this rhythmic battle royale and try to be the last bird standing. Up to 30 players can compete in more than 20 music minigames. Get ready to shake your tail feathers when Headbangers Rhythm Royale swings on Nintendo Switch on October 31.
· Gloomhaven : Lead your mercenaries to wealth or death in this adaptation of the hit board game, complete with turn-based card battles and RPG elements. You will explore cursed dungeons with unsavory mercenaries. Choose from 17 different characters and master over 1000 unique abilities. Refine your deck of cards, set up synergies and face an ever-increasing challenge where every choice counts. Gloomhaven will be released on Nintendo Switch on September 18. Pre-orders for the Mercenaries Edition and Gold Edition begin today in Nintendo eShop and My Nintendo Shop on Nintendo.com.
· Manic Mechanics : In this chaotic co-op game, you and up to three friends play as roving mechanics who must repair vehicles quickly to earn points and make their way through the town of Octane Isle. Repair as many cars, trucks and helicopters as possible (and tractors, mini-submarines and UFOs…) before the allotted time runs out. The faster you work, the more chaos you unleash: fuel spills, tire explosions, short-circuiting robots, cow stampedes, and even alien abductions. Gather your team at the workshop when Manic Mechanics launches first on consoles on Nintendo Switch on July 13. Pre-orders begin today in Nintendo eShop and My Nintendo Shop on Nintendo.com.
· HOT WHEELS UNLEASHED 2 – TURBOCHARGED : The world’s most stylish cars are back and kicking into high gear! Race fast-paced with over 130 vehicles and perform incredible stunts to avoid obstacles, find shortcuts and put your rivals out of the race. Unleash your creativity by modifying your vehicles and building your own circuits. Race locally with your split-screen co-op friends or up to 12 players can compete online.*** Get behind the wheel when this game lands on Nintendo Switch on October 19.
Keep in mind that Nintendo Switch has a parental control feature that allows adults to manage the content their kids can access. For more information about other features, see https://www.nintendo.com/fr-ca/switch/. “
End of press release